Study in the United States: Obama Foundation Scholarship for International Student
The Obama Foundation Scholarship for International Students provides opportunities for rising leaders from the United States and around the world who are already making a difference in their communities to advance their work through an immersive curriculum that combines academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, which is a component of Columbia World Initiatives and Columbia Global, launched the application for its seventh cohort the present day, inviting aspiring leaders from around the world to apply to be part of a nine-month immersive program of academic, based on skills and educational experiences.
The United States of America (USA) is the host country.
Study Abroad in the United States
Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
All countries are eligible.
Full scholarship | monthly stipend | air trip | medical care
No IELTS required Deadline: December 12
Throughout the academic year, the Obama Foundation provides a rigorous curriculum of leadership development, training, networking events, and specialized assistance to help Obama Scholars build real-world skills, tools, and experiences they need to expand the impact of their work when they return home. These experiences enable Scholars to gain insights from high-level leaders across sectors, as well as from the wealth of knowledge shared by the Obama Foundation program participants, while planning how they will reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge after they graduate from the program.
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program recruits rising leaders from the United States and throughout the world who satisfy the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made significant contributions to their profession and are now experiencing a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country, as well as a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following program completion and use their enhanced training, skills, and connections for the benefit of these communities on a long-term basis.
- Are competent in English (verbal, written, and spoken) and have the capacity and desire to positively affect their community’s future
- Have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, community, optimism, bravery, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity, and resilience.
Scholarship Duration and Benefits
- The Scholarship will last one year.
The scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Stipend paid monthly to help with living expenses in New York City.
- A fully equipped studio apartment close to Columbia University.
- Tuition and expenses for up to four courses at Columbia University are included.
- For the length of the program, basic medical, dental, and life insurance are provided.
- Travel to and from the home country via plane, as well as other program-related activities.
The Obama Foundation’s leadership development training will assist academics in gaining real-world skills, resources, and experiences that will allow them to enhance the impact of their work when they return home.
Candidates must be prepared to submit the following documents in order to apply;
- Personal video statement resume/CV
Candidates who are interested can apply using the URL provided below.