LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship for African Scholars 2022
To know about the fellowship and the benefits it attracts, visit the website.
About London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
To know about LSHTM, check their website.
About LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
|Organization||London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine|
|Country of study||–|
|School of study||–|
|Course of study||Not stated|
|Application Deadline||May 31, 2022|
Objectives and Benefits of LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
The successful fellow will be awarded a competitive research stipend of £25,000 yearly in either Gambia or Uganda. The fellowship is a robust one for the fellow’s accommodation, annual holiday airfares, and involvement in children’s school fees.
In addition to this, they will research an adequate research budget. There is relocation and visa support for foreign applicants.
Requirements for LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship Qualification
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Finished with PhD degree in the last 3 years. Also applications from candidates who will be finishing their PhD by September 1, 2022.
- Display interest and experience in research on the relationship between health and environmental change.
- Able to conduct a research project relating to environmental change and health.
- Has a clear plan for the fellowship that will in turn contribute to career development.
- Prospects for the project to deliver a positive influence that transcends beyond the end of the fellowships.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The first phase of the application closes on May 31, 2022. Those that pass phase one will be contacted to come for phase two on June 30, 2022.
- The phase two qualifier will be called for interview either physically or virtually in July/August 2022.
- The successful candidates will receive the fellowship offers in September 2022.
Documents Required for LSHTM Application
- Curriculum Vitae with a summary of key outputs and publications – 3 pages maximum.
- A well-written personal statement showing career goals and the purpose of applying – 1 page.
- Preferred location to conduct the study.
- Research proposal to be conducted during the fellowship – 1 page.
- Letter of recommendations from past academic supervisors – Two supervisors.
May 31, 2022
How to Apply
For further information, go to the LSHTM website.