Getting A Canadian Student Visa
In your pursuit of a Canadian Student visit, we are here to get guide you on how to get the visa. In this article, we will put you through a step-by-step process on how to secure a Canadian Student visa.
Read and learn about the beautiful country called Canada here.
What Makes Canadian Universities Unique
The Universities in Canada are established and operate in the custody of provincial government charters or are directed by First Nations bands.
Each of the Universities in Canada differs or is unique in terms of academic matters including policies and procedures.
More than 120,000 foreign students prefer Canadian Universities every year. The high demand for the Universities is as a result of the high-quality teaching system, and several opportunities that present themselves after graduation.
Processes of Obtaining a Canada Student Visa
Pick the college/university you want and apply to the University to get your acceptance letter. It is important to apply to the university first before applying for a student visa. Once you apply, an acceptance letter will be forwarded to you if you have met the requirement for getting admission.
You won’t need a study visa or Canadian study permit if you fall into the following category:
- You are enrolling in a study program that won’t go beyond six months.
- You are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act.
- You are a citizen of other countries, but you have an Indian status listed in Canada.
Start your Application for the Canadian Student Visa
You must apply to the Institution and after then, an acceptance will be sent to you which will require you to accept. You can then proceed to apply for a student visa.
The steps to getting a student visa are:
- Go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website to apply for the student visa or visit the local immigration chapter in your country to apply on paper.
- You will be asked for the acceptance letter sent to you from the Institution you applied to.
- You will show proof of funds. The proof of funds is to know you are capable to cater for yourself when you get to Canada.
- You are not an ex-convict.
- Provide your medical record.
Required Documents for the Student Visa
Make available the following documents before applying for a student visa:
- Filled student application form.
- The University’s original letter of acceptance.
- An active passport.
- Two recent passport photographs and you should write your name and date of birth at the back.
- Proof of funds.
- A motivation letter.
- Proof of study permit fee payment (150 CAD).
Language Requirements for the Student Visa
If you come from an English-speaking country, you don’t need to worry about language requirements. But those that do not belong to such countries are required to present proof of English language proficiency. Required language tests are:
- Cambridge English (Advanced)
Biometrics Appointment and Interview
Biometrics are not always required for all countries but if your country falls into the category of those that need to do biometrics, you will have to visit the Visa Application Center in your home country to be captured and pay the fee (85 CAD) as required for biometrics.
The processing time for the visa may take up to 90 days at maximum depending on several factors in your home country.