France-South Africa Scholarship Programme for Graduate South Africans 2022
This is a call for all applicants intending to begin their studies in France in September 2023. The scholarship differs from most scholarships as the applicants will be contacted individually when it is needed. Follow-up requests just like other scholarships will not be answered here.
The scholarship is open to Lesothan students.
About France Government
To know about France Government, click here.
France-South Africa Scholarship Programme
Organization France Government
Country of study France, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa
School of study –
Course of study Not stated
Application Deadline October 16, 2022
Focus and Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship is of two schemes. They are:
A fully funded scholarship by the France Embassy which includes:
- The status of the scholarship holder of the French govt that includes social security, accessing student housing, visa-free exemption and help from Campus France Paris.
- Payment of 5000€ tuition fees per year.
- Return flight ticket to France.
- A monthly allowance of approximately 700 euros for MSc students and 1400 euros for PhD students.
- Additional personalized accommodation aid of almost 150 euros per month from the French Govt.
For the second scheme, it is called cost-sharing scholarship – the monthly allowance will be paid fully or partially by a partner. The France Embassy will still provide the other benefits as it is in the fully-funded scholarship. The schemes can be chosen by the candidate at the point of application or by the Advisory Board.
It is advisable that applicants look for funding from their local or French higher education institution or from private sector companies.
Requirements for France-South Africa Scholarship Programme
The following requirement must be met by applicants:
- You must not be more than 33 years old on January 1, 2023.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa and Lesotho.
- You are enrolled in a French Higher Education Institution to study MSc or PHF.
The scholarship runs for the duration to be spent in France, compared with the needed time to obtain the degree. For more about this, visit the website.
Interview date, Process and Venue for the Programme.
- The interview of the qualified candidates will be in November 2022.
- The results will come out in November or early December 2022.
- The departure to France for the study will be in early September 2023.
October 16, 2022.
How to Apply
If you are qualified to apply, go to France Govt. on www.southafrica-france-scholarships.com to apply.
For further information, visit the website.